So, after much back and forth with Dell US, we got the part I managed to fry and our pals at PC World on Kensington High Street were able to fix our beloved computer and send me on my way. Major thanks to my boys Mark and Yussef down there on the High Street. At long last, we are back up and running. I know, it’s been a while since my last post. And I’m sure you’re all ravenous for the latest and greatest from Notting Hill. I’m going to ease into this…
All of our worldly possessions arrived exactly one month to the day from when we saw them last in NYC. It was an exciting and exhausting day. Our movers, a really nice group of lads, laughed when they dumped out our shoes and clothing onto our bed. It was embarrassing. One thing I’ve learned, and really, I knew this, but why do we need so many pairs of shoes? If you haven’t worn that shirt in over a year, chances are, nice as it is, you really won’t ever wear it again. And to keep it around just for the sake of options? Silly. So I’ve made many trips to Oxfam, donating over 40 books and some really nice trousers. It’s easy to downsize your wardrobe while pregnant because nothing fits anyway and after months of wearing stretchy pants, all you can hope for are some really smart, nice new trousers at the other end.
No comments:
Post a Comment