Monday, July 18, 2005

I WANT MY SKY TV

Here are our top three favorite television shows. I wish you could all see them….in particular, Finbar and I now arrange our Sunday nights so we are home in time to see Top Gear. The others, we can miss, but not Top Gear – amazing. It’s like Car & Driver comes to the big screen. I say big screen because the cinematography is breathtakingly beautiful. If you visit their site, you can watch some of the segments we’ve seen.

Top Gear

Jeremy Clarkson and his mates assess all sorts of cars, from the cheap to the magnificent. Funny – they tee’d up last night as a review of cheap cars. So, they kicked off the show by reviewing… the cheapest new FERRARI – HO ! ! ! The new 430 is AMAZING. Can’t wait to get a scale model. Jeremy in particular is a skilled journalist – this is a guy who slipped 2 discs driving a new 400+ hp Vauxhall Monaro VXR and was back on the show the next week. Just like the pages of Car & Driver, he can make even a non-car person sit up and take notice. If you go to the website, check out the Aston Martin vs. train race. Cook up some ‘corn and prepare to be amazed.

Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares

Gordon hasn’t really caught on in the States and honestly I wasn’t all that into him until I saw this show. He is basically a London equivalent of Jean Georges – the hottest restaurateur in town. I know he’s a fellow marathoner and all but I’m sort of over Michelin stars, really. But watching him on this show, you have new found respect for Gordon – he’s highly articulate, thoughtful, and talented, he can cuss like the best of them (says “fook” a lot), and he’s damn funny. Finbar ran into him getting out of his rad new Bentley coupe in front of Claridge’s.

Little Britain
All I’ll say is it’s “gorgeous!” Started on the radio, now on TV. And you thought Ali G was a hoot! These are two blokes who dress up as women. Seriously.

No comments: